We specialize in meeting your hay needs. We are farmers, producers, dealers and truckers of all types of hay products - and have been since 1901. No hay quantity is too large.
We can provide year-round delivery of premium hay and products that meet your needs -- straight from the farmer to you or F.O.B on the farm. All products are priced by location - picked up or delivered. Call us for details.
- 3'x3'x8' Bales
- 4'x4'x8' Square Bales
- Large Square Bales
- 3 String
- 2 String
- Round Bales
- McHay's Ease-Rite Bales
- Western Alfalfa
- Limestone Prairie Hay
- Orchard Grass
- All Types Of Grass
- All Grades
Depending on the number of bales that you purchase, the type of hay, the bale package, pickup and delivery destination and other options -- your hay prices may vary.
Please contact us with your hay requirements and special instructions so that we may help you find the very best product and prices to fit your needs.
Due to our extensive network of hay partners and contacts across the country - no hay sale quantity is too large!
We now offer a variety of new products to meet the needs of our farmer, rancher and dealer customers who specialize in or raise equine, livestock and domestic animals. We know that you care about your animal needs and want only the highest quality products. We also know that you are mindful of transportation, labor cost, ease of use and the environment. We are here to help you in all regards.
Our subsidiary company McHay now manufactures and we market to our customers high quality bio-degradable animal bedding products. Most of the bedding comes in bags equal to 7 cubic feet of product. Please inquire as to specific product and how we can help you. Call us for pricing. All products are priced by location - picked up or delivered.
- Shredded Paper
- Shredded Corrugated Cardboard (the hottest new bedding product today)
- Pine Wood Shavings
- Cedar Wood Shavings
- Pine Pellets - (40 pound bags)
Corrugated Equine & Animal Bedding
Our equine bedding is a 100% corrugated paper product that is offered in shredded squares of approx. 1/2" x 1/2". The product is twice vacuumed and 100% quality checked. The product offers the following features and benefits to the end user.
- DUST, ODOR, MOLD AND BACTERIA FREE
- LOW COST PER DAY, PER STALL
- PROVIDES A SUPERIOR "LEG" CUSHION
- IS FAR BETTER THAN HAY, STRAW OR WOOD SHAVINGS
- REDUCES STALL STRIP-OUTS
- REDUCES STALL ODORS
- PROVIDES EXCELLENT WINTER STALL INSULATION PROPERTIES
- RESULTS IN LOW "MUCK" CRITICAL MASS FOR WASTE DISPOSAL
- COMPOSTS 50% QUICKER THAN STRAW OR WOOD SHAVINGS
- PRICED RIGHT
- THE GREEN ALTERNATIVE TO YOUR ANIMAL BEDDING NEEDS
- SAVES YOU MONEY AND LABOR
Our bedding is offered in a 3.25 cubic feet uncompressed bags. Buy it by the bag, the pallet or by the truckload. Product sale by truckload quantities is on an F.O.B. factory basis. Allow two weeks for delivery from date of order. Terms are cash, credit card or check at time of order.
Our subsidiary company McHay now manufactures and we market to our customers high quality, compressed feeding cubes to meet your livestock feeding needs. Our cubes are made of only the finest quality hay and produced using hydraulic pressure compression. Each cube measures approximately 1" x 1" x 2.5". Cubes are sold by the ton or the 50 pound bag. Just tell us your needs. Call us for pricing. All products are priced by location - picked up or delivered.
#1 Horse Quality Cubes - premium alfalfa grasses
Stock Cow Cubes - high quality grassy alfalfa
Custom Cubes - you bring us your hay or tell us your desired hay mix and we'll custom cube it for you.
Advantages of Alfalfa Cubes
- Reduced feed waste. Cubes are not wasted to the same extent as long-stem hay even if fed on the ground. Horses fed long-stem hay can separate the leaves from the stems and consume the parts they prefer; this does not happen with cubes.
- Controlled feed intake. It is easier for the horse owner to monitor and regulate the daily intake of cubed forage than long-stem hay.
- Consistent nutrient content. The nutrient levels found in cubes tend to be more consistent than hay. Alfalfa cubes are sold with a guaranteed minimum nutrient content.
- Reduced dust. Cubes have little dust and are therefore a good alternative to hay for horses with certain respiratory problems.
- Ease of handling. Cubes can be mechanically handled in bulk.
- Reduced storage requirements. Cubes are more dense than hay and therefore require less storage space.
- Reduced transportation costs. Cubes are more dense than hay and allow trucks to be loaded to their full legal capacity. This is not always possible with hay. Shipping costs for cubes can be reduced, assuming the shipping distance is the same.
- Ease of transport. Alfalfa cubes take up less space in the trailer and may be easier for horse owners to take to shows or on trail rides.
Our subsidiary company McHay now manufactures and we market to our customers Ease Rite Banded Western Hay Bales. They recently purchased and installed a brand new state-of-the-art custom hay slicer/bander machine that takes a typical 4' x 4' x 8' hay bale and then slices it and bands it into approximately 36 small bales that are 22" x 18" x 16". Then it re-bands all 36 bales once again into a large bale for ease in transport. Once at your site - simply cut the bands from the big bale. You then have 36 small bales that are very easy for you to handle and feed your livestock. These bales not only save you valuable time, labor and transportation cost - from field to feed - but also your body from the sometimes back-breaking work of feeding out baled hay.
Call us for details and pricing. All products are priced by location - picked up or delivered.
There are a variety of final packaging options available for you in how the final bales are wrapped and prepared for transport to your site. Please call us and let us help you .... from field to feed.
FEEDING McHAY'S EASE RITE WESTERN HAY BALES
Smaller bales are much more efficient and are easier to use at feeding time than big bales. Using small square bales will result in low feeding losses if fed properly. Small square bales can be fed in bunks or racks whenever possible to minimize trampling and soiling losses. However, it is easy to distribute small square bales in daily amounts directly from the bed of your pickup to your horses or livestock throughout a pasture without much hay being trampled or wasted.
We now offer CAL-AGLIME a by-product of screened calcium. Aglime stands for agricultural limestone that contains calcium carbonate, varying amounts of magnesium carbonate and trace minerals.
We offer two types of CAL-AGLIME: One contains little of no magnesium (5% and under), the other is "dolomitic" which contains 5 - 20% magnesium used where soils lack in magnesium.
DO YOU NEED CAL-AGLIME? A simple soil PH test should be taken every 3 - 4 years. From that testing you will know what your soils need to produce better yield. Crop harvesting, use of nitrogen fertilizers and lack of rain are three factors that lower PH in your soils. Low PH will lower the effectiveness of herbicides and insecticides and ultimately your plant growth. From the continuous use of nitrogen fertilizers, harvesting of crops and ground water leaching -- calcium, magnesium and trace minerals are depleted from your soils. CAL-AGLIME with proper application will bring your soils back to proper PH levels with a balance of 6.5 - 7.0. Proper levels of magnesium, calcium, important trace minerals such as iron manganese will be replaced in the soils to help your plantings grow strong, and with better pigment and more nutrients.